Recordkeeping Industry Standards
Consensus for recordkeeping best practice
Recordkeeping metadata standards are needed for system interoperability, data migration or data transfer between organisations and digital preservation.
Recordkeeping Innovation records management consultants work with international and national committees to establishing recordkeeping best practice standards and technical guidance for information, knowledge and recordkeeping metadata, including: ISO 15489, Records Management, ISO 23081 Metadata for Records and ISO TR 13028 Digitisation.
Standards awareness and uptake is growing
Barbara Reed, Director has made a committed contribution to standards development over 20 years to steer the development, negotiation and acceptance of international industry standards. The foundation standard for records management, ISO 15489 has been widely translated and was recently updated.
Innovative and consultative records standards
Our skilled records management consultants bring informed expertise and strong negotiation skills to complex standards projects. We work with Standards Australia to raise awareness on standard developments through presentations and webinars. We have developed advice and presentations on issues:
- governance for outsourcing contracts,
- content management
- digital recordkeeping and metadata
- managing datasets,
- access rules and security controls, including privileged access
- privacy and personal information protection
A sample of our past projects includes:
- Office of the Chief Information Officer, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) – Development of standards and guidelines for the Electronic Information Management (EIM) program;
- Archives New Zealand’s Digital Archive Programme, requirements development and support for the Digital Archives prototype;
- Archives New Zealand – Digitisation Standards
- Recordkeeping Metadata standards
- EDRMS specifications for MOREQ 2012
- Taxonomies for whole of government service portals
When you need skilled negotiation for new information standards, contact us to discuss your challenges and requirements.
Our consulting experience ensures a successful negotiating outcome.