Strategic review – information management program
Waverley Council commissioned Recordkeeping Innovation to undertake a strategic review of Council’s current approaches in managing records and information. It was important to Council that the review was approached from a business needs analysis perspective as well as purely a compliant RM perspective in order to identify changes that might be needed to meet current and emerging business needs.
After extensive consultation and engagement with stakeholders across Council and analysis of collected data, Recordkeeping Innovation delivered a strategic information report that covered:
- A gap analysis outlining the current state of information management and a desired future state.
- An assessment of the information management maturity of the Council using the maturity model developed by the Public Record Office of Victoria.
- A compliance assessment against State Archives and Records NSW (SARA) Standard 12 – Records Management
- Recommendations for improvement in IM capability and practice.
- An action plan of work packages linked to the recommendations for implementation of a 3 year period.